Friday 19 February 2010

Secret Diary Of A Newspaper Intern: Part 4

Stealing away from the internet café opposite my bedsit where I’ve been typing up my interviews since 8am I wonder what I’m living off besides the sheer determination to succeed.

At News International, today’s world-altering task is to track down tweeds from a fancy dress shop in London. There is no campaign, bar the necessity to shoot one famous comedian wearing them on a bicycle tomorrow. Here’s a tip: don’t phone every fancy dress shop in London to source full Sherlock Holmes garb without sizes. It’s not Primark, unless you’re of the “one size fits all” school of shopping, and it pisses the salespeople off. It comes to light that the withholding of such info is due to the celebrity’s diva-like refusal to co-operate in the wearing of tweeds. If I told you this man once starred in a programme wherein he adopted several roles, including that of an elderly transvestite, I think you’d ask the same question as I: what’s a pair of Plus-4s and a tweed cap once cross-dressing’s been on your resumé?

In other news “Who dat?” really has gone global. It’s been used in a press conference by the New Orleans Saints. And to think I don’t even know what “touchdown” means. The commissioner is more than satisfied with my interviews. Does a job offer loom?

To be continued...

Jaz x

P.S. Yeasayer interview to come later today ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment