Sunday 7 February 2010

Night 5

I wake up to Marina’s Hollywood doing forty laps around the vacuous swimming pool of my mind. It’s exactly the same relationship I had once with Kylie Minogue. Hate it. Can’t get it out of my head. It’s Saturday. I’m teetering towards death and averting mirrors. Just about managing to muster up some last lap adrenaline I contemplate three final acts: Liam Bailey of whom I’ve heard nothing, Daisy Dares You of whom I wish I’d heard nothing and Ellie Goulding of whom I’ve heard nothing besides.

Daisy Dares You… to suffer for half an hour of your life. MIEEOOOOW is what I think I hear (and see) as a feline just-pubescent Katie Price who looks like she’s been dragged through a bush backwards quite literally tears up the New To Q stage. The Ess-eeks gal can’t sing to save her arse, which, by the way, she doesn’t want you to touch according to one of her pop punk “song”s. She evidently, however, wants you to touch her developed bossom, which is very much on display (not that her “arse” isn’t). Kudos to Avril Lavigne who, despite her vile nature, isn’t tone deaf. Lionel Bart, would you call the copyright police? A minor has committed first degree ditty homicide. The victim is Who Will Buy?, killed via Oliver: The Mosh-ical remake.

Ellie Goulding
is an entirely different animal and the most anticipated having already won this year’s Critics Choice BRIT award before the release of her debut (something only achieved thus far by Adele and Florence & The Machine). Hiding behind no name other than her own and suffering from laryngitis, she creates an ice cool electro disco to do away with the carefully produced Diana Vickers-meets-Dido hue of her record. Her dramatic eyes, doll-like voice and exerted mouth are reminiscent of Bjork… but Welsh and probably incapable of random violent outbursts. You never know though, it’s always the quiet ones…



By the way, still know nothing of Liam Bailey owing to... I was late.

Jaz x

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until I am famous enough to pull off a Bjork/Britney/Naomi Campbell stunt like this

    xx
    Duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're almost there Beaverhausen ;) xx

    ReplyDelete