Sunday 7 February 2010

The Morning After The Week Before

As I spend all of Sunday in ecstasy watching TV from my bed - another failed attempt at a Grand Slam championship by Andy Murray and an edition of Dancing On Ice (a programme I traditionally find intolerable) - I rehydrate and extend my arm to intermittently scoff at the box of emergency cereal in my bedsit. In this state of inertia I wonder what I've learned. Some names may be worth remembering, most notably Ellie Goulding. Mainly I am Old To Q, and music is transcient. Although Marina & The Diamonds' Hollywood is still glued to my cerebellum, it won't stay there forever. And that's ok. Enjoy what you enjoy. Stop chasing the next bandwagon. The music will keep on playing on and on regardless. And, as for my inner grandma? There's life yet in the old bird... Jaz x

No comments:

Post a Comment